Manager, Caddie Scholarship Fundraising & Development at the Metropolitan Golf Association Foundation (MGAF)
The MGA Foundation is seeking a qualified individual for the new position of Manager, CSF Fundraising & Development. This individual will have direct responsibility for development, fundraising and fundraising events for the highly successful Long Island and Westchester Caddie Scholarship Funds (CSFs). The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Caddie Scholarship Fund.
The MGA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1991 as the charitable arm of the Metropolitan Golf Association (est. 1897). The Foundation’s mission is to provide young people from all socio-economic backgrounds with life changing opportunities through golf. The Long Island (est. 1962) and Westchester Caddie Scholarship Funds (est. 1956) are independently operated 501(c)(3) organizations dedicated to providing caddie scholarships to qualified applicants from their respective regions.
- Provide leadership in planning and execution of fundraising and development activities on an annual basis for the CSFs.
- Create and oversee a long-term strategic plan for fundraising and development; benchmark activities vs. goals annually and longer term.
- Establish and maintain relationships with major donors including clubs, individuals, alumni, and CSF corporate partners; manage relationships and communications with key regional golf associations.
- Assist in overseeing the financial operations of the CSFs including forecasts for fundraising as well as ongoing monitoring of revenue and performance to established goals.
- Work with the Senior Director, CSFs and MGA Foundation Director to generate fresh and creative ideas to expand support for the CSFs and the MGAF.
- Schedule and coordinate all CSF special events, including all fundraising events and activities; develop and expand alumni engagement and participation.
- With the staff and volunteer leadership of the CSFs, assist in managing communications with CSF Board members, Club Representatives and the allied golf association community regarding events and initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate website content and new promotional materials in collaboration with the CSFs and MGA Communications team.
- Interface with the MGA Foundation and MGA Business Development team on opportunities to build relationships with current and new partners.
Ideal Candidates should have the following qualities and experience:
- Strong leadership qualities and experience suitable for a fast paced, service oriented, non-profit environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate and interact with CSF volunteer leaders, club reps, major donors, alumni, corporate partners and golf associations.
- Experience with fundraising and development in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Experience with scholarship programs, grant application process is a plus.
- Highly developed organizational skills and experience with deadlines needed for managing CSF programs and events.
- Ability to work with diverse mix of constituents and individuals including CSF’s volunteer officers, Executive Committee members and Board of Directors to ensure on-going engagement and relationship building.
- Familiarity and experience with database management and website platforms, especially WordPress, a plus.
- Experience with financial management, establishing and monitoring budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ year’s work experience related to fundraising and/or development activities.
- A high-energy self-starter who will take initiative and can think, write and communicate creatively and effectively.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Knowledge and passion for the game of golf is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time salaried position that includes travel expense reimbursement, paid vacation, medical and dental benefits, employee profit sharing and 401k plan.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience, education and qualifications.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; hard copy to Peter Nicholson, c/o MGA Foundation, 49 Knollwood Rd., Elmsford, NY 10523.
The position is open until filled but interested applicants should apply as soon as possible. All applications will be kept confidential. Candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the MGA Foundation: The MGA Foundation is the charitable arm of the Metropolitan Golf Association. It is a non-profit 501-C- (3) organization dedicated to growing the game through innovative programs designed to attract young people from all backgrounds. MGA Foundation activities include the GOLFWORKS student intern program, junior competitions and clinics, caddie academies and support of caddie programs and the local Caddie Scholarship Funds. The MGA Foundation is also a founding partner of The First Tee of Metropolitan New York and helps direct the activities of the network of First Tee programs and facilities in the tri-state area.