MGA COVID-19 Resources
The Metropolitan Golf Association has been closely monitoring all information and updates regarding COVID-19 and the impact the situation has on the golf industry. Our focus remains on the health and safety of our community at large, and working together within government guidance to practice social responsibility. During this challenging time, the MGA urges our members to follow the guidelines from health and governmental officials to keep our communities safe and minimize the possible exposure to coronavirus.
Below are links to helpful resources from our local and national authorities as well as resources specific to golf and business operations.
New Jersey: Governor Murphy signed Executive Order No. 107 on Saturday, 3/21, directing all residents to stay at home until further notice. This Executive Order requires all non-essential businesses to close. The Golf Course Superintendents Association of New Jersey has received confirmation as of Sunday, 3/22, that golf is not permitted and is considered a non-essential recreational business, according to Executive Order 107. Golf maintenance is permitted. More on Executive Order 107
New York: Governor Cuomo signed the New York State on PAUSE Executive Order on Friday, 3/20. This Executive Order calls for a 100% Closure of Non-Essential Businesses Statewide, Effective 8 p.m. Sunday, 3/22. More on the PAUSE Executive Order
- JOINT ASSOCIATION STATEMENT ON THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IN NEW YORK - Met PGA, Met CMAA, Met GCSA and MGA
Connecticut: Governor Lamont signed an Executive Order on Friday, 3/20, ordering all non-essential businesses and not-for-profit entities in Connecticut to prohibit all in-person functions and operations if they are able to, effective Monday, 3/23.
- Joint Association Statement on COVID-19 pandemic in New York - Met PGA, Met CMAA, Met GCSA and MGA
- MGA Schedule Updates - (updated 3/23)
- Rules and Handicapping Guidance During COVID - 19 Era - USGA (updated 3/20)
- MGA Caddie Academy Webinar Registration
- New York State Department of Health
- State of New Jersey Department of Health
- Connecticut Department of Health
- USGA Green Section COVID-19 Resource Center
- Met GCSA COVID-19 Resources
- National Golf Foundation COVID-19 Resource Center
- Coronavirus: What Clubs Needs to Know - National Club Association (NCA)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Resources - Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA)
- Coronavirus and Pandemic Viruses - Club Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Coronavirus and Your Golf Business - National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA)
- Protecting Golfers and Staff Amid Coronavirus Outbreak - National Golf Foundation (NGF)