The Metropolitan Golf Association created the forerunner of the handicap system, adopted by the USGA in 1911, and jointly developed, with the USGA, the GHIN (Golf Handicap & Information Network) service in the early 1980's.
Handicaps remain our most visible and widely used service with more than 140,000 Met Area golfers utilizing the service. Below are some of popular services available to both memember clubs and individual members.
Services for Member Clubs:
The GHIN software effectively manages member score posting and club administrator oversight all using the World Handicap System; allows access to the USGA National Course Rating Database. This website is designed to allow club officials to manage their membership and file maintenance from any computer, tablet or even smart phone with access to the internet, operates in real-time
- Twelve-month score and Handicap Index archives.
- Enhanced peer review via member lookup.
- Rapid Score Entry for fast input of member scores.
- Interactive score posting with contemporary graphics and a friendly navigation style accommodating touch screen technology.
- All score corrections, new member adds, name changes, addresses, etc., are reflected immediately.
- Report library and a powerful report designer.
- Hole-by-Hole Stroke Analysis
TM CLUB PREMIUM
Full Library of Scoring Formats
Basic Event Websites
Customizable Printed Materials
Online Knowledge Base
Full Integration with GHIN
All the features of TM Club
Live Scoring and Mobile App
Full Integration with Club Systems
Custom Event Websites
Event Registration with Payment Processing
The MGA is now offering Online Join/Renew (OJR) tools to help overcome COVID-19 restrictions that may be preventing prospective golfers from establishing a handicap index. This streamlined service will give golfers the freedom to join/renew their memberships online from any device 24/7.
- Club is listed in MGA online signup directory.
- Increase memberships and retention with auto-renewal for option.
- Set eligibility requirements for membership.
- Offer unique discounts, add-ons or promotions for your facility.
- Transaction reporting through the USGA Admin Portal.
- Auto renewal email notifications (Annually).
GHIN Services for Golfers:
MyMGA Mobile App:
Put the Met Area golf world at your fingertips with a personalized mobile experience that allows you to manage & follow your game. Features Include:
Post scores as soon as you walk off the course
Set up matches using the new Partner Handicap Lookup
Course Handicap calculator & Course Rating/Slope database
MGA Championship registration and calendars
MGA news, live scorings & results
Read full issues of The Met Golfer & Met EXTRA
The official app of the Metropolitan Golf Association is available as a free download for all iPhone and Android devices.
An essential part of the USGA® Handicap System™ is that all golfers in a region have their Handicap Index® updated on regular and consistent basis. The revision schedule of when these changes occur may not be well known by all golfers and it may not be convenient to get to their club to get a new handicap sticker. Now golfers can receive eRevision™ via e-mail when the revised USGA Handicap Index become official.
For more information on any of our technology services pease email, firstname.lastname@example.org