2021 YOC Rounds Played To Date: 2,160
MGA Youth on Course
The MGA Foundation has partnered with nationally recognized Youth on Course to provide affordable golf access to juniors in the Met Area. With a Youth on Course membership, junior golfers age 6-18 can play for $5 per round or less at participating courses. Juniors now have access to more than 30 facilities throughout the Met Area.
How it Works:
The $20 annual membership fee delivers access to participating facilities in the Met Area and across the country. A YOC Membership also includes an MGA membership, a USGA/GHIN handicap (if not already issued), a subscription to the MGA's magazine, The Met Golfer and many more MGA member benefits.
Getting Started is Easy:
- Sign-Up or renew for a MGA Youth on Course eClub membership.
- Complete the Youth on Course curriculum online.
- Get your Membership Card. You will receive an official Youth on Course membership with your MGA Youth on Course number in the mail within 2-3 weeks of signing up AND completing the Youth on Course curriculum. In the meantime, you can print off a Temporary Card.
- Get out and play. Check out the list of participating in the Met Area. Traveling? Search the full list of courses nationwide.
- Contact Lou Cutolo at the MGA for any questions.
In Their Own Words:
"I get to spend more time with my dad on the course, and I really appreciate it." - Veronica, age 11
"I wanted to break 80, and I accomplished that goal this summer. I practiced my short game a lot." - James, age 13
"YOC is great, especially for city kids like me who don't have much exposure to golf. YOC helped introduce me to the game and helped develop the love I have for it." - Giacamo
"I love golf because there are so many things that you can compare to life and life lessons. There's so many things you can learn, like to never give up and always keep trying." - Sophia, age 15
"Since each round is $5, we get to have great experiences playing many rounds at different golf courses and different venues." - Isaiah, age 15
Frequently Asked Questions
Youth on Course FAQs:
- Are there any restrictions for playing?
- Do you pay for range balls or a cart?
- Can I play for $5 or less with my golf team or for a tournament? What about golf camps?
- How long does my membership last?
- What if I forgot my card?
- When will I get a membership card?
- How do I play golf for $5 or less?
- When will I get my membership number?
- My facility is interested in being a MGA Youth on Course club. How do we sign up?
A. Yes. Many courses set time restrictions for when Youth on Course members can play for $5 or less. Please check the map for restrictions and call ahead to make a tee time.
A. No. Youth on Course does not cover range balls or carts, and we encourage our members to walk.
A. You can not use your membership for tournaments or competitions. For practices with your team please contact your local golf association. Golf Camp use is not permitted.
A. Memberships are valid for one calendar year (until January 1).
A. A current YOC card is REQUIRED to participate in the program. you MUST show the card (or a temporary card) when playing at participating facilities. Without the card, you will not be able to take advantage of the benefits
A. It will take 2-3 weeks to get a membership card. You can print one earlier than that here.
A. After joining, you will get a membership card with your unique membership number on it. Bring this to the course during the designated Youth on Course times and you will play for $5 or less.
A. After you signup, you will receive an email with your number and a link to complete the online curriculum. If you already have a handicap number from another club be sure to sign up with that number to avoid being assigned a new one.
A. We can easily get your facility added to the program! Contact Lou Cutolo at 914-909-4838